To increase the amount of youth involved in the biodiversity field, to make the awareness of the environmental field’s importance mainstream, and to create a society in which mankind and its environment are in an improved relationship of cohabitation.
- Japanese youth are able to advocate their opinions actively in international conferences like for the Convention on Biological Diversity
- Loss of biodiversity is stopped or eliminated
- Activities by youth in the biodiversity field are done voluntarily and continuously
- Position Paper for Post 2020 Global Biodiversity Framework(Click Link for Position Paper)
Policy Recommendation Seminar
We held Policy Recommendation Seminar from Nov. 2021til Dec. 2021 with the aim to hand down the know-hows of Policy Recommendations. For the first half, we invited 6 Biodiversity related Guests for 6 themes (Biodiversity, Marine Biodiversity, Wildlife Conservation, ABS/ Nagoya Protocol, Climate change and Biodiversity, Policy Recommendation and Lobbying). In the second half, attendees wrote Simulated Policy Recommendations and make presentations about it as an output.
Cooperation with WWF-China
We held “A New Deal for Youth and Nature: Model Environment Ministerial Summit ” with WWF CHina at IUCN-WCC Global Youth Summit. Convention on BIodiversity and United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change as topics, youths from around the world impersonating as representatives and experienced negotiation process to train the necessary abilities for policy recommendations and negotiations.
Policy Suggestion Papers we submitted
- 2021.12.17(Fri) we made a proposal at Central Environment Council about National Biodiversity Strategies and Action Plans (NBSAPs), Ministry of Environment Japan
- 2021.10.15(Fri) Attended Northwest Asia youth session
- 2021.08.20(Fri) Made a proposal at the Planning and Policy Subcommittee of the Tokyo Environment Council(東京都環境審議会企画政策部会) (40th)
- 2021.06.15(Tue) We submitted Opinion paper about Marine conservation to Ministry of Environment and Japanese Fishery Agency
- 2021.01.15(Fri) We attended on conference with (former)Minister of Environment, Koizumi along with other Youth Groups
- 2020.12.22(Tue) We hosted 6th meeting for 次期生物多様性国家戦略研究会 as NBSAPs NGO Group and presented opinions jointly on sixth topic
- 2020.10.11(Sun) transcription of GYBN(Global Youth Biodiversity Network)’s questionnaire on biodiversity as a member of GYBN-Japan and started informing other GYBN members
- 2020.09.03(Thu) We presented opinions on 4th topic of 次期生物多様性国家戦略研究会 jointly as NBSAPs NGO Group
- 2020.08.21(Fri) We released Statement regarding the Wakashio Oil Spill
- 2020.06.25(Thu) We attended a conference about Redesigning economy and society after COVID-19 with (former)Minister of Environment, Koizumi along with other Youth Groups
- 2020.06.03(Wed) we released Opinion on Post COVID-19 Society
Attendance on National Conference
- 2nd Open Ended Working Group(2020 Feb. @Italy)
- Twenty-fourth meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice (SBSTTA 24) and Third meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Implementation (SBI 3)(2021 MarｰJune ＠Online)
- Open-ended Working Group on the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (WG2020-3)(2021 Aug.ｰSep. ＠Online)
- IUCN-WCC(2021 Sep. ＠Online)
- Resume session of Open-ended Working Group on the Post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework (WG2020-3), Twenty-fourth meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice (SBSTTA 24) and Third meeting of the Subsidiary Body on Implementation (SBI 3)(2022 Mar. ＠Switzerland)
- 2nd Asia Parks Congress(2022 May. @Malaysia)
2021 is the beginning year of the “United Nations Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development”. Therefore, we held an event to organize the current situation and tasks, and discuss how we should spend the next decade. Submission of the Proposal to Relating Disciplines as the ultimate goal, Youths inside and outside of COND gathered to have a very productive discussion. We handed our Proposal to officers from the Ministry of Environment and Japanese Fishery Agency on June 15th, 2 representative members on place and 4 members attended online. It was a precious opportunity to speak for youth regarding Marine Biodiversity and discuss how we should be involved in conservation with officers in related ministries.
Cooperation with Mauritian youths
upon facing the tragic loss of rich biodiversity and local people’s lives by Wakashio Oil Spill 2020, We launched a joint project with Mauritian youths. With the help of Sov lanatir, the local youth group, we spoke about the beautiful nature of Mauritius, its damage, and the local people’s dedication to recovery.
We held an event with the aim to increase the population of Biodiversity conscious people. We invited several speakers working in different fields related to biodiversity to encourage attendees to think about biodiversity through several examples and knowledge.presentation by local youth groups dedicated to conservation and workshop where attendees discuss current issues which biodiversity faces was also included in the event.
In our YouTube channel, we offer videos for those without knowledge of Biodiversity!